Most salespeople tend to focus on features and closing the deal. Big alert! Since feature comparisons and working on closing contracts not only slash prices and margins, they kill opportunities before is explored where you create the real value. Convert more prospects into new customers by balancing market knowledge, personal attitude and prospect journeys.
Where do you start when you want to improve your sales? Measure your sales activities, monitor your pipeline, improve your close rate, reduce the length of your sales process, increase your average sale, align with people who can bring leads, ask for more referrals, don’t accept the first “no”. Yes, all these steps are necessary however, get your sales team to focus on improving their sales and lead conversion by selling value instead of the features.
A commonly shared statistic is that 67 percent of the buyer’s journey is done digitally. Even though marketing is the designated party for generating leads, from anonymous visitors to identified prospects, this does not mean that sales is not involved. Online doesn’t mean you have to wait just because buyers spend time online. Sales should be involved at all stages of the prospect’s journey. Learn from buyers looking for information online and recognise the signals when they’re ready to act.
Social selling is the art of using social media to find prospects, connect with them, learn and try to understand them and nurture the relation in a meaningful way. Social selling is not just about gaining access to contacts. It’s about building relationships, listen and learn to recognise the right moment to join the conversation and seize the opportunity to present yourself as a solution to a problem.
You can make subconscious influencing, Neuro sales, part of your sales approach. How? People seem to make decisions based on rational thinking, but most of the time the unconscious brain has made the decision long before the ratio is used. That is what the term Neuro sales refers to: the application of sales techniques that respond to influencing the unconscious brain.
- Teach your sales team to start priming | Priming is an integral part of Neuro sales as an influencing technique. The definition of priming is: “The phenomenon that people unknowingly allow themselves to be influenced by subtle stimuli in their environment.”
- Use of powerful words | The impact of a message is strongly influenced by the use of positive words. Start using strong words like amazing, awesome, completely new, impressive, absolutely gorgeous, enormous, do it in an inconspicuous way. If applied subtly, they make the message very powerful.
Gaining trust is the fundament of sales. This trust building is a continuous process. It starts in the earliest stages of the marketing proces and blends seemlessly into the sales proces. Content is a powerful tool for sales. During the entire buyers journey content should be created that covers both rational as emotional needs of the customer. The moment relevant content is shared, exact at those moments that prospects show interest or request information establishes that solid relation in which you can claim your involvement, reliability and your expertise.
Sales professionals need technology to outrun the competition. Which tools should you choose and why? While building your sales stack, it’s important to consider what each tool accomplishes. We worked with all kind of tools. We know the benefits and we definitely know the frustrations. We asked ourselves, for what purpose have tools been developed and why should we use it as sales professionals? What tools do you have right now? And what are the functionalities, what is the demand on the users and how do the tools impact your sales process? Just a quick overview:
- CRM software |customer relationship management, a system for managing your relationships with your customers
- Sales intelligence | technologies that help your salespeople find, monitor, and understand information on prospects’ and existing clients’.
- Sales acceleration software |Helps your sales team improve both efficiency and effectiveness. Better engagement and organization through the entire sales machine.
- Sales gamification | Stir up the sales by adding competitions and recognition with real-time rankings and metrics
- Sales analytics software | Tools and systems that enable sales professionals and managers to effectively track, evaluate, and enhance the performance of their sales activities
- Video conferencing software
- e-signature and document tracking
- Account-based marketing software
- Marketing automation software
- Customer service software